Sunday, April 17, 2005

Complimentary bottles ...

India lost another game today to make it four in a row. I didnt watch the game ... and I thank gud ol' scotch for a peaceful morning. Apparently it didn't turn out to be that peaceful for the authorties on the ground.... nevertheless we lost the game .. and as Amit points out, it was a greater disgrace than defeat ...

It turned out that the notorious bottles came from the "Complimentary Stand"... and the cops did nothing to stop them. Now everything aside ... I am wondering why would I throw water bottle(s) on ground when I know its not going to make my team win anyways. Certainly not to gain the cop's attention, may be to catch the cameramen's attention, or may be the players themselves. I'm wondering whether the explanation lies in our pseudo selves, may be Mudit can answer that ...

if it is consolatory at all ... such real time emotional feedback from the crowd is a global phenomenon. We can ban a venue for short term but I don't believe it will have any bearing on the performance of the crowd elsewhere (especially in India)... or...our players.

We can definitely try to give sharper teeth to the administration though ...so that they can immediately crack down on anyone who disrupts the due course of the game ... and hold them equally responsible if they could not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home